Hudson loves Elmo so Mary had a vision of making him an Elmo birthday cake. Kerry and I brought the cake pan with us all the way from Utah. However, as Mary and I took the cake out of the pan it developed several large cracks. Mary wanted to throw it in the garbage but I convinced her to at least let me try to mend it. So, she went to work making the icing and I said a silent prayer that we could save Elmo!

I didn't realize when I started how long the process would take. Several hours later, a kitchen covered with icing, and a back ache, I was finally done.

I wasn't sure at first if Elmo really looked liked Elmo, but the kids all thought he did and that's what mattered.

Mary had a few families in their ward over on Sunday night for an early celebration. As you can tell, everyone was having fun.
On Tuesday morning, June 1st, Hudson's actual birthday, Mary started the celebration with making Hudson a special waffle.
Later in the day, we all headed to Gulfarium to watch the dolphin show.
Cam wasn't able to get the day off of work and we missed having him with us to celebrate. We took a break from the heat to enjoy the nice cold drinks that Mary bought for us. As usual, Miss Kennady was so patient as she was carried around from one show to another.
We ended the day with one more singing of "happy birthday" and we finished off the last of the cake and cupcakes.
We love you Hudson.....thanks for letting us share your 2nd birthday with you. We pray everyday for you that you will be watched over and protected as you grow and mature.



1 comment:
Hudson is so lucky to have a grandma like you! Thank you so much for decorating his cake! It will always be a special birthday of his that I remember.
Post a Comment