Friday, October 1, 2010

HaPPy BiRtHdAy To Our Baby Mary!

Twenty-seven years ago today on, October 1, 1983, our baby Mary Janae was born. After 6 miscarriages and a very difficult pregnancy we were blessed with a beautiful baby girl! She has filled our lives with so much joy and happiness. I will never forget the feelings of gratitude to our Heavenly Father when they handed me our precious baby. Eight hours later she was taken by ambulance to the NICU at McKay Dee Hospital for pneumonia which they figure she got from aspirating amniotic fluid. Fouteen days later, what seemed like eternity, she finally came home. It just seems virtually impossible that the years have past so quickly.

Mary was named after her grandmother, my mother, Mary Ellen. She was allowed to be in the delivery room with us when Mary was born. Everyone cried, even Dr. Jim, when Kerry announced that her name was going to be Mary! I know that her grandmother is watching from above and is so proud of her.

These pictures aren't the ones that I had wanted to post. I have so many cute ones of Mary when she was little, but I just couldn't figure out how to get the ones I scanned into the computer to show up where I needed them. I will have to edit my post when I have someone to help me. (Sorry Mary!) But these are some memorable moments that I wanted to share. This first one will probably give everyone a good laugh!


Kerry and myself, along with Keri Beth, Tim, and Mary (1 year old).
I think Mary was about 7 years old here. She always has had such a cute smile.

Mary has always enjoyed spending time with her nieces and nephews. She still has the cute smile!

Sorry Mary, couldn't leave out this one. Mary decided to get a spray tan for her cousin Laura's wedding. You can't probably tell from this picture, but she was so dark that we couldn't stop laughing when she braided her hair. She looked exactly like Pocahontas!
Our trip to Athens!!! Oh what fun we had and what memories we made.
This is one of my favorite pictures of Cam and Mary which was taken shortly after they met. Don't you think they look like they could be siblings?


Mary and McKayla....

Mary and Maddi enjoying their time together on the Front Runner train the day we all road to Salt Lake together to meet up with Tim and Kim. You can see why the kids enjoy spending time with her. (I think I'm going to be in trouble for posting these!)

Graduation day from USU. Mary was 8 1/2 month's pregnant. What a trooper she was!


Mary all grown up with a family of her own. I like her family picture a lot more than I liked ours!!!
Mary, we are so grateful to be able to call you our daughter. Wishing you a very

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Love, Dad and Mom

3 comments:

Elder Dustin Shane Petersen said...

Love,love,love it! I can remember what a difficult pregnancy you had with Mary. She is a blessing from Heaven for sure! Such a sweet, kind, loving daughter of God... And such a cute mommy! She has been a wonderful friend to Mindi all of her life and I am very thankful for that. So thrilled that Mindi's sweet Mason will share her birthday :)

Cam and Mary said...

Thanks mom! I am blessed with the best family ever! Thanks for sharing those memories. Love you!

darcymae said...

happy birthday mary! i love all the pics!! that second one brings back lots of memories. she was such a cutie!