Tuesday, December 2, 2008

A New Tree For Christmas!

I think for the first 25 years of our marriage I insisted on a real tree for Christmas. While I was always so excited for the experience of finding just the right tree, I know deep down inside Kerry dreaded the adventure.  One year, for some reason, we didn't get out as early as we usually did to get a tree,  and when we finally had a night to go out it was snowing so bad that we were hesitant to leave Tremonton.  Desperate, we ran into Alco and bought our first artifical tree!  It actually was quite pretty and we have really enjoyed it over the years However, I decided that it was time this year to make the next step....a tree with the lights already on it.  I love decorating the tree, but I absolutely hate putting on the lights.  Kerry and I were out for our Friday night date last week and ran into Michael's to look around.  One of the sales person's overheard us talking about the price of the trees on display and said "If you don't mind last years model, we have some over here for $99.00."  That was just in our price range.  The box had a sticker of $399.99!  It may not look like much from the picture, but it feels just like a real tree.  

4 comments:

Cam and Mary said...

I will always remember our real Christmas trees, but that looks great! Way to go on the deal!

Unknown said...

Thats a great deal because we just spent $70 on our little real tree with a tree stand...ouch! The whole reason I wanted a real tree is so the house would smell like Christmas and so far my house does not smell like Christmas! LOL

The Morris Family said...

Your trees are always so pretty. I remember when you used to flock your own tree when I was younger. I love looking at all the angels that gram Marie made us, and all of the angels that grammy gave you!

Cheryl Cowan said...

Your tree is beautiful! How exciting. You have such a beautiful home, beautiful family and you are a beautiful person. I'm so glad you are my twin.
Merry Christmas, Love, Cheryl