This Friday, May 1st, Kerry and I will be celebrating our 33rd wedding anniversary. Oh my, where have the years gone! I never dreamed when I was young that time could fly by so fast.
I'm a little hesitant to blog these first few pictures, you all may laugh. But oh well, it is what it is. I just want my husband to know how much I love him and how blessed I feel to have spent the last 33 years of my life with him. I'm grateful to know that we have eternity together as this life is just way to short! Happy anniversary sweetheart and thank you for all of the wonderful, amazing experiences and memories. I love you!!!

This is obviously our wedding day. We were married at the Chapel of Roses in Pasadena, California. May 1st that year was very, very warm. I think it was about 90 degrees. After the ceremony we went to my parents where we had a reception in their back yard.

This picture was taken in Santa Barbara, California where we spent our wedding night in a cottage on the ocean.

Look how young we look!!! We took a trip to Hawaii when Keri Beth was about 9 month's old. I can't believe that I left her with my mom for 10 days. I remember missing her soooo much. I have now put going back to Hawaii on my "bucket list".

We just jumped ahead about 25 years. I don't have pictures on the computer for those years, a project for another day. This was at my brother's house outside of Tahoe. What a beautiful setting!

Our youngest daughter's wedding. Unlike our wedding day, Mary was married on a very, very, bitter cold/foggy winter day.

Everyone that knows us very well, knows that being at our cabin at Bear Lake is one of our favorite places to be. This particular day we went up to enjoy the fall colors one more time.

Thanks to our son Marlon being in the Paralympics, we have been blessed to have traveled to some amazing places. The memories of Athen's will always be engraven on my heart. I wish we could go back and do it all over again, it was so unbelievable.

We were able to travel to Beijing last year to the Paralympics and had an experience of a lifetime. We never imagined having so much fun. I think I can speak for both of us when I say that we have never laughed so much.

Recently we helped move our daughter Mary to Louisiana and had another wonderful time. We are now grandparents and thoroughly enjoying that chapter of our lives. Well that brings us up to current times. I pray that the next 33 years can be as great as the last 33. I'll only be 90 years old!
6 comments:
I love those old pictures! Happy Anniversary! Love you both!
Happy Anniversary Marlene and Kerry!!! This is Melanie from the Z gang by the way. You guys have always been such a great example to me!!! I loved the pictures. It has been fun to keep up will all your kids through your blog.
I remember being little and loving going through your wedding album! I don't think I had ever seen the pic from the plane. I love seeing old pictures! You skipped probably the best years as far as your hair goes! :)Haha. You'll have to dig some up! Love you and hope you have a great anniversary! Any plans?
Happy Anniversary! I love you both!! Your grat parents and Granparents!
Those pictures are fantastic. I love those old pictures. Thanks for letting us celebrate your Anniversay with you guys. We had a lot of fun last Saturday.
Happy Anniversary! Thanks for sharing the pictures.:0) I'm so glad to have met you guys, you are a great example. I miss your sun school class... you guys are the best! HUGS and KISSES
Post a Comment