
Kerry and I were getting ready to go on our 1st pioneer trek. (Interestingly we are preparing for our 3rd one this year.) I was sitting on the couch going over the list of items that we needed to bring when suddenly I heard the words in my mind, "Keri Beth is going to have a baby and everything will be okay." A few days after we arrived home from the trek, Keri Beth called me from a pay phone in the Logan mall (we didn't have cell phones yet) to tell us that she had been to the doctors and was going to have a baby! I eventually told that I actually knew before she did that she pregnant!
On March 28, 1998, Kerry and I started the next chapter of our lives! I have come to recognize that being a grandparent is Gods way of compensating us for having to grow old. As I held baby McKayla is my arms for the first time I realized that grandchildren are an extension of the love that we feel for our children.
McKayla has brought so much joy and happiness into our lives as we have watched her grow and mature into a beautiful young lady. We have been blessed to watch her develop her many talents (singing, dancing, and sports) and are grateful to be able to spend so much time together.
Today as I write this, I am in Florida at Mary's house helping her with baby Kennady, and Grandpa Kerry is at work. We wish we were home to celebrate this day with McKayla, but want her to know that we cherish the memories of her birth and are so grateful to our Heavenly Father for her life and the love that we share. We pray for her daily that she will be watched over and protected, guided and directed, and blessed with continued health and strength physically, spiritually, and emotionally as she continues down the pathway of life.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MCKAYLA - WE LOVE YOU SO MUCH!
Love, Grandma and Grandpa



2 comments:
Happy Birthday Kayla! What a nice tribute mom! I was with Keri Beth when she found out she was pregnant and am so grateful I got to spend time with her babies while growing up. It really helped me prepare to be a mother myself.
THANX GRANDMA!!!
Post a Comment