Friday, October 22, 2010

Enjoying A Beautiful Fall Day!

Dr. Rod went on a short vacation so I was able to have the day off without using any vacation time. I love it!!! Kerry and I decided to run up to the cabin for a few hours to enjoy the time together and to take care of a few things before the snow flies! What a beautiful day. I just wanted it to last forever. I felt the need to enjoy and store up my share of sunshine and fresh air before the COLD settles in. The weather was gorgeous, the scenery was amazing, and the company was perfect! To top it off we did a little shopping and enjoyed some great food at Costa Veda. The day together ended by attending our Institute class taught by Brother Rees. He is amazing and I always come home wanting to be a better person.

There is a saying that says, "God gave us our memories so that we can have roses in December." I am going to hang on to these memories so that I can have the warmth and beauty of a fall day when I am freezing this winter! Somehow I think I'm still going to need the fireplace and my little space heater to get me through!

A view of the lake from the back side of the cabin. I wanted to get in some of the colors that are around the yard. I don't think views get much better than what we have! I must say, that it is the best part of the cabin.

Another view of the lake from the side yard of the cabin.

The leaves were kind of on their way out, but there was still enough to enjoy. You can barely see a tinge of blue from the lake through all of the leaves.

The turkey's were out in numbers yesterday. They must not know that Thanksgiving is right around the corner.

Where the Logan River starts I'm not sure, but at first you see a small creek that becomes increasing larger and larger until it has become a fast flowing river.

The variations in the colors were amazing. The hard part was that we were shooting into the sun and it really diminished the color in the pictures. Our natural eyes were much better at filtering out the sunlight.

It is such a beautiful drive to follow the Logan River though the canyon. It was especially beautiful yesterday with the fall colors.

It is so nice to live in an area that is surrounded by such amazing scenery just a few minutes from home. The cabin is far away enough that I feel like I'm on vacation, but close enough to run up there even to spend just a few hours.

I FEEL BLESSED!!!



1 comment:

Cam and Mary said...

We are so blessed for many reasons. I'm so glad we have the cabin, too! You did great on the pictures!