Monday, March 29, 2010

The Time Has Past Far To Quickly!


As I sit here writing I am holding my newest granddaughter, Miss Kennady Janae, trying to enjoy the moment. My time here as gone by way too fast and tomorrow I will be heading back home to Utah to those that I love there. I am so grateful for the opportunity that I have had to come and spend time at Mary and Cam's with them and their beautiful children. I have loved every moment.

I have enjoyed watching Hudson assume the role of "big brother" to his "baby sissy". He is so kind and gentle with her. It will be fun to watch their relationship develop as they continue to grow and mature. Hudson loves to be his daddy's shadow and would spend every moment of every day with Cam if he could. I love to watch his eyes light up when his daddy walks through the door when returning home from work. He loves to sing "Five Little Ducks Went Out to Play" and does a great job at the "quack, quack, quack". Everyday he is learning new words, and just last night learned to say "turtle". I am so going to miss our walks to see the horses every morning.

Miss Kennady went for her one week checkup today and weighted 8 lbs. 3.6 oz. Mama is feeding her well! I mentioned to the nurse that she was born by c-section and she responded, "that's probably a good thing as she has a really big head." To me she still seems so tiny. Apparently, however, her head is about 1 inch bigger than average. We probably don't recognize it as she is well proportioned being at the 75% mark on every part of the growth chart.

Well it sounds like Hudson is awake from his nap, just in time for lunch. Better go make him his peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Thanks Mary and Cam for allowing me to be here and to spend this special time in your lives with you. The only way that leaving is bearable for me is knowing that Grandpa and I get to come back in a couple of months to visit again over Memorial Day Weekend. Until then, know how much I love you all.


2 comments:

The Morris Family said...

I know it will be hard to leave! That is why I hate visiting, because I hate goodbyes! You will not have long until you will see them again! Marlie thinks you are home everytime she hears the garage door open. I still think you should bring Hudson home to play with his "Auntie"!!!

Cam and Mary said...

THANK YOU mom!!! We seriously couldn't have gotten through this week without you. You are a wonderful mother and grandma. The house just won't seem the same without your sweet spirit here. Can't wait for you and dad to come back. We will be counting down the days.....xoxoxo